First wet! Into the water
I'm making the first release of SeaMouse into the water,
letting the frame flood with water before releasing it.
After I released it the first time, it floated great! Application of
the vertical thruster caused it to gracefully submerge, but then it
never acted positively buoyant again! I'll have to work on that :-)
Checking Over SeaMouse
Once I had decided there were some engineering issues, I had to get a
little wet. I wanted to make sure I knew what was going on before
making any modifications. Here I'm taking a look at the vertical
Swimming with the ROV
Here I'm doing a series of releases from what is the nominal floating
position. I was wondering if the ROV was in fact positively buoyant,
but perhaps the tether was just dragging it down. I concluded that it
doesn't have enough positive buoyancy, and will add some floatation.