SCIENCE IN THE BASEMENT
"Science does not know its debt to imagination."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I know I'm a professional
scientist, but I really enjoy discovering things, even
though I can often read it in a book. I often tell people I have a
disease: I think any experiment that won a Nobel Prize before 1970
ought to be doable in my basement!
Here are some of the projects I've been engaged in, not necessarily
along my normal research stream.
My Telescopes & Observatories
Experiments with Science Video
These are all exeriments in telling
science through the medium of video.
- Cavendish Experiment (2009)
- Microwoosh (2009)
- Bed of Nails (2009)
Other Science and Mayhem
- Annular Solar Eclipse, Cedar City UT
(20 May 2012)
- Lego Optical Bench/Poisson Spot (2010)
- Osmond Temperature Study (2006)
- North American Bug Flux (2004)
- SeaMouse ROV (2002)
- Kitt Peak National Observatory (2001)
- Leonids (2001)
- Collected Bug Pix
- Collected Animal Pix