Topical Group in
This quarter, I will be teaching:
Phys Rev Online
arxiv ePrint Archive
OFFICE: TECH F231
- (2013) Associate Professor of Physics (Tenured)
Physics, at Utah State
- (2008-2013) Assistant Professor of Physics
Physics, at Utah State
- (2006-2008) Assistant Professor of Physics
Physics, at Weber State
- (2004-2006) Postdoctoral Scholar in Gravitational Wave
Center for Gravitational Wave
Physics, at Pennsylvania State
Research in low frequency gravitational wave
astrophysics, phenomenology and data analysis.
- (2001-2004) Postdoctoral Scholar in Physics
California Institute of Technology
(w/ Tom Prince).
Research in gravitational wave
physics, with ties to the LISA mission. Study of issues related to
data analysis for LISA and low frequency astrophysical sources of
- (1999-2001) NASA EPSCoR Postdoctoral Research Associate
Propulsion Laboratory/Montana State
University (w/ Ron Hellings).
Research in gravitational wave physics, particularly at the interface with
conventional astrophysics. Study of possible astrophysical sources of
gravitational radiation, and design aspects of the proposed
LISA space interferometer.
- (1991-1999) Graduate Research Student, Montana State University, Department of Physics.
PhD student, working in theoretical physics. Main research centered on gravitational
wave physics and semiclassical gravity.
- (1989-1991) Research Assistant in Oregon State University Biophysics Department with Dr.
Jeanne Rudzki Small (now at Eastern Washington
University, email@example.com) in time-resolved
pulsed laser photoacoustic calorimetry, studying protien dynamics of carboxymyoglobin
and quantum yield of fluorophores.
- (1990) Summer intern at National Radio Astronomy
Observatory in Charlottesville, VA. Worked with Dr. Glen Langston on project to
characterize core-jet radio sources based on luminosity, internal structure of fields
(from polarization), and external morphology from VLA survey data.
- (1987-1988) Research Technician for the Oregon State University Department of
Rangeland Resources. Work included projects on classification of riparian plant
communities, evaluation of vegetative yield for different timber and grazing
management strategies, and studies of runoff flows in rangeland hydrology (I also
built a lot of barbed wire fence!).
- American Physical Society.
- American Astronomical Society.
- American Association of Physics Teachers.
- Astronomical League.
- National Association of Rocketry, NAR #73310.